Monday, April 9, 2007

Awkward Silences

I was looking through Facebook the other day and I came across this group called “Awkward moments.” One of the moments they describe is that of awkward silences. A lot of people commented about that awkward moment, which is understandable because it is almost inescapable in one’s lifetime. Then I read a comment that read “my friend and I like to break an awkward silence by saying ‘gay bunnies’ lol.”

Ok, so this person decided to cancel out the awkwardness with an awkward phrase. Unfortunately, human interaction is more complicated than a simple mathematical postulate. Imagine how much awkward the situation would get if they silence continued after saying ‘gay bunnies.’ When it comes to breaking awkward silences, I will stick to the traditional method of pretending to have a conversation with my voice mail.



Awkward Pictures for your enjoyment



No comments: